Country missing from Shipping address options

Hello,

Just ordered IoTaWatt, paid via PayPal, now I’m returned to the “choose shipping method” and voila - Bulgaria is not a country listed in the drop-down menu.

So, what do we do now?

Hi Chewy,

Shipping is only to countries that work with the US postal system to provide seamless tracking to destination. Sorry, but it’s just too complicated and expensive to go outside that network.

No payment was received via Paypal from Bulgaria. I don’t know how that works when the sale is not completed, but you should check your PayPal account to see if money was actually paid. If it shows up in my account later on, I will refund it.

As I understand it, there are third party services that will forward packages to places that are off the beaten path.

So, there’s no way to get the device? Any other shipping methods (that won’t skin me alive)?
Please check and let me know.

By the way, from what I see on PayPal - I haven’t been charged (yet), however, if you think of something I’d love to purchase.

The only other way is to DIY it, however, I can’t seem to find the exact parts list…

I’ve extracted partslist via Eagle, found most of the small components (diodes, mcps, resistors and tantalum capacitors) however, having trouble finding the proper vref shunt.

You could try OEM to see if they will ship to Bulgaria. They may have a few IoTaWatt left and British post may have a working arrangement with your country.

There are forwarding companies who provide you with a drawer or box number at a US address and then forward to you. Shipping would be free (>$100 order) to the US address, then it would be between you and the service. I’ve sent a few Australian orders that way (but Australia works fine direct). Also I recall one to someone from an Eastern bloc country using an address in NY that seemed to work.

You can use any shunt with a value between .5 and 3V. The standard shunt is 2.5V but you can override that in the config file.

Try here, @Chewbacca. This is where I received my Iotawatt from, prior to them being available direct. They might ship to Bulgaria.

https://openenergymonitor.com/

Well yeah, 70-80$ +

I’ll go the DIY way, cost + labor ~100$ total.