IotaWatt failed when moved after setup


Hi, I have two IotaWatts and the 2nd one was set-up on bench and then moved to garage DB cupboard. It was running for a while and then dropped off so I went and checked it and it has what looks to be 4 flash code Green-Red-Red-Green but the docs don’t show 4 flash codes? I removed and reseated the card but no change. Its brand new so I’m not sure its the card.


Hi Bruce,

That’s a new code that hasn’t made it to the docs yet. The IoTaWatt cannot Json parse the config.txt file.

Sounds like you have already opened it up, so if you could mount the SD card on a computer and post the config.txt file, I can probably fix it for you. Or if you speak fluent Json, you can use something like Json lint to see where it’s bad and fix it yourself.


Its weird because it was running and stopped. It does ping bu no web. I don’t have an sd card adapter for the micro so I’ll have to get on and then upload it to you.


Sorry about that. It really doesn’t need to be a fatal error because I could still start the web server and allow the Sdcard to be edited to fix the config. It’s the first time I’ve seen this in the field. I’ll be curious to see what the damage is.


Hi @overeasy I got a adapter and opened the config.txt and it was blank. So I copied the other one and updated the values and I’m back online. No idea why it blanked it.