I think we can’t use automatic DST since DST here is different than in the US.
We tried changing channels without success. The issue may be the router we’re using. We’ll try to change it. As you may recall the Iotas there are #3 and #4
Now we had brief issues with the Iotas 1 and 2 that we have in the original installation and the diesel power plant next to them. Anyway, those had been very stable (after October 2: 2 Exceptions, several power failures, 1 reset from “WiFi disconnected more than 60 minutes”) until recently.
First thing I’ve noticed, now happening in the 4 units, is the new message: “Incomplete HTTP request detected, id 7, restarting”. I don’t know if that’s just a new message for a previously known issue or if it may be an actual new issue, but it’s been happening on units 3,4 that have the disconnection issues. Here’s the logs just right after the upgrades for units 1 and 2. Notice how the influx issues occur during several days after the upgrade until the “Incomplete HTTP request” message on both units at very similar times. The behavior after the upgrade and is exactly the same in both units for almost 3 weeks.
iota 1 FW upgrade.txt (3.2 KB)
iota 2 FW upgrade.txt (3.2 KB)
Note that as I said, the “Incomplete HTTP request” message also has happened several times after the upgrade, in units 3 and 4.
Back to the Iota1 and Iota2 issues. Here are the extended logs.
iota 1 FW upgrade_extended.txt (14.0 KB)
iota 2 FW upgrade_extended.txt (4.7 KB)
On the morning of the 18, we had no access to these two units and later noticed our access point (IotaNetwork) was knocked from the desk where it was placed (but not disconnected). This happened before 9:00 in the morning and at about 9:00 the AP was moved back to the desk, but without resetting it. The units couldn’t be accessed.
Later in the day, at aroung 18:00 we went again to check the installation. The wifi signal of the AP was available from our laptop but we couldn’t actually access it. Iota1 was apparently in AP Mode (red-green-green) and Iota 2 was fast blinking green. From what we did and the logs this happened:
- Apparently when the AP was moved back to the desk, Iota1 changed its status
12/18/18 06:34:50 Connecting with WiFiManager.
12/18/18 09:02:49 MDNS responder started for hostname Iota1
- Note that during the day, there were several “Incomplete HTTP request detected, id 7, restarting.” cases
- A few minutes after 18:00 we power cycled the AP and status changed to slow blinking red. The log shows the following, however, it seems as if the change to “slow blinking red” happened just after we tried to access the unit.
12/18/18 14:27:29 Connecting with WiFiManager.
12/18/18 18:13:02 No WiFi connection.
- At 18:19 we powercycled Iota1, the Iota connected to the AP and it stayed there.
For Iota2 it looks much simpler.
12/18/18 18:09:54 WiFi disconnected.
12/18/18 18:11:07 WiFi connected. SSID=IoTaNetwork, IP=10.0.0.215, channel=4, RSSI -59db
A few notes and questions:
It seems as if the Iotas (or at least the logging) sometimes are getting stuck at the following point, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for days.
12/18/18 14:27:29 Connecting with WiFiManager
However, I’m not sure if this normal.
Apparently some of the connectivity issues have increased since version 02_03_18
Connectivity problems look very different for Iota1 and Iota2, even when they are very close together and only a few meters away from the access point.