IoTaWatt stuff now available in US and Canada

Store should now accept Canadian orders. Shipping is expensive, but I don’t know what I can do about it.

Not very expensive ! It’s look like any other shipping method i pay when order from US
:slight_smile:

Hi Overeasy,I have checked your website to order a system for my house but would like to order a custom mix of parts, is this even possible? My main circuit breaker is 100AMP and your kit has a 200AMP current transformers is it possible to order two 100AMP split core current transformers instead? I would also like to add 12 x 50AMP solid core current transformers @ $6.00 each. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Yes it is. The site is the usual shopping cart setup and all of the components can be selected a-la-carte.

It is. I’m pretty sure you can add a note at checkout so just ask for the substitution, or send me a PM here in the forum and I’ll do that.
A word of caution though. The 100A CT has a 16mm (5/8") hole. If your entrance cable is aluminum, that may not fit. The 200A ECS24200 has a 24mm hole. Also, unlike the SCT019 200A CT with 6000 turns, the ECS24200 has 4000 turns. Also, it has very good phase shift characteristics, especially at the low-end - better than the ECS16100 and way better than the SCT013-000. So I guess what I’m saying is that I would recommend you use the ECS24200.

Again, you can add them to the cart. The way this site works is you add one ECOL09 to the cart, then increase the quantity in the cart.

Thanks

So I ordered the IotaWatt unit and two 200AMP current transformers and 12 ECOL09 50AMP current transformers, and everything arrived two days later! The quality of the IotaWatt controller is exceptional and very well designed. There is one problem though…I thought the small current transformers were 50AMP but when they arrived they are labeled 20AMP (30AMP MAX), is this a misprint on the web site?
https://stuff.iotawatt.com/collections/current-transformers

Thanks.

There was some confusion when I ordered the eChun ECOL09 solid core CTs last time. I wanted 1000:1 ratio and so the only choice at the time was 20A/20ma. The basic device however is the same regardless of the maximum amperage printed. I tested them and they work fine to 50A.

I have since resolved this with Echun and the next batch, due in this Wednesday, will be marked 50A/50ma and I believe 50A max. If you would like to have those, I can send you replacements with a return shipping label.

Thanks for the offer but the transformers I received should work as I do not have any large loads on my service panel. I have a gas dryer and stove and the largest breaker (40AMP) is for my solar panels. I have connected the controller to my network and it looks good, I just have to find some time to install the unit and transformers.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Is the ECS24200 work with 1/2 inch (approx) diameter L1 & L2 ? (1.5 cm approx).

I just start mesuring what i need, will probably order this week.
Full kit with 12 x 50 Amp current transformer (not sure yet if i order all of the Split Core, or solid).

a quick question, it’s 1 shipping charge for the entire kit ?

The ECS24200 has a 24mm opening.

[quote=“Banshee1971, post:22, topic:320, full:true”]
a quick question, it’s 1 shipping charge for the entire kit ?
Shipping quoted is for the entire order.

Thanks

Just purchase the kit (yesterday) with 12 CT’s.

I wondering, if the 20 $ intl. Flat rate, is it using USPS ?
If yes, OK for me. If you intend to use UPS, Fedex,… Can i change shipping to USPS and paid the difference ? (would be cheaper than paid the overcharge UPS and FEDEX charge for the so-called customs fee… that are there broker fee only, added to our GST and PST).

It’s usps international first-class. Typically a week or so. Should go out tomorrow.

A post was split to a new topic: Needs help with using Emoncms and/or dometicz

Hi Overeasy.
1.- Can you send packages to México?.
2.- From what amount can the price of the IotaWatt be improved?. What is the wholesale price?.
Regards.

Yes, you should be able to order from IoTaWatt Stuff

HI,

Do you have volume discounts. I have a project and would like to know if there are price breaks based on volume.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Banshee1971. What extra fees did you incur on the receiving end to Caanada? Thanks

I only, as expected, paid the usual Fed/prov tax (approx 15% in Quebec).

So not that much ! But don’t forget to ask for USPS shipping ! (otherwise, it will be 15 % + 50-75 $ Fedex/Puro/UPS bonus fee)

Perfect! That is all I would have expected. Merci!