UL or CSA certification

Hi,

What is the status of the IotaWatt’s UL or CSA certification?

Compliance testing to both UL and CSA Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement and Control and And Laboratory use has been successfully completed. I’m waiting for the formal reports which are due out any day. FCC part B is complete as well.

As soon as all of the paperwork is complete and the CE portfolio is compiled, I’ll be producing product labels that include the appropriate marks for regulatory and safety compliance. It has been a $low road, but the end is in sight.

Additionally, I’ve had some nice UL recognized CTs certified with the product, as well as sourced some reasonably priced UL listed CTs for potential commercial use.

That is great news.
We have a few commercial office buildings that require a 3 phase set up. How soon do you think we can get UL certified equipment to start testing with?

I should have the formal test results within the week. If you can use equipment that is documented but not marked, soon after that. Don’t know how long it will take to have labels made. They first have to be approved by the testing labs who own the trademark of the mark. I have no idea how long that will take.

Where are these going to be made available? with or without UL labels I’m anxious to get my hands on one of these.

OpenEnergyMonitor has been selling them in Europe for about six months now. They have their own product line as well. They are only CE certified, but seem to have no problem selling worldwide. I believe they have them in stock.

IoTaWatt, Inc is the manufacturer and is US based. The product is manufactured in the US. As soon as certification is complete, and i expect that any day now, I will make some units available through some channel - probably eBay initially until I can finalize a fullfillment contractor. Ultimately, I plan to have it available on Amazon as well.

1 Like