I got my additional IoTaWatt’s yesterday. I was setting up on my wifi during dialysis. The first unit worked as expected and is ready to head outside.
The second unit, I
- Powered up the unit with (an original IoTaWatt USB power brick)
- Connected to wifi
- Configured the unit to the production WIFI network
- It rebooted
- I could access the unit over wifi with it’s statically assigned DHCP address
- I tried to change the name, time zone, daylight saving and the firmware setting to MAJOR
- It seems like it took, gave reboot warning.
- Upon reboot, I had a short green, then solid red status light.
- Rebooted a couple times, no changes. I did not have the References power connected during this process.
- After getting back to my office, I connected a Reference transformer and now have: New IoTaWatt Unit green light, red flickers, then nothing.
I did try changing to another Official IoTaWatt USB charger and it does the same thing.
I do not have another Reference transformer unless I swap out the one outside in the production monitoring chassis.
I could do that, but I’m curious if there are other options I can/should try first.
I can access the device over wireless all of the sudden, here is the last log block. But still no lights. This device has not been granted internet access yet. But I don’t recall the lights being out on the production units at this point of the configuration process.
To add, after more futzing about, it seems I can’t save any changes. I just change the name, IoTa reboots and the old name it back.
Real Time Clock not running.
Reset reason: Power On
Trace: 241:95, 7:212, 36:137, 63:176, 190:10, 88:4, 125:167, 6:109, 21:171, 96:132, 209:70, 136:199, 123:255, 66:112, 77:249, 185:145, 117:90, 211:114, 188:187, 47:122, 74:37, 181:136, 179:55, 64:239, 218:122, 49:161, 29:1, 82:32, 162:8, 18:70, 130:87, 56:243
ESP8266 ID: 15907232, RTC PCF8523 (68)
IoTaWatt 5.0, Firmware version 02_07_05
Local time zone: +0:00
device name: IotaWatt
HTTP server started
WiFi connected. SSID=pm, IP=192.168.161.140, channel=11, RSSI -70db
MDNS responder started for hostname IotaWatt
LLMNR responder started for hostname IotaWatt
timeSync: service started.
Updater: service started. Auto-update class is MAJOR