Running two base units in medium-sized home?

Four days since VT calibration. Meter reports 96 kWh. Iotawatt reports 92.7 kWh. Meter does not show tenths. I set the iotawatt graph time frame to the exact times of meter readings.

That’s not great. You are using six CTs to measure 96kWh over 4 days. So I realize it’s not even, but breaking that down it’s 4 kWh/CT/day. Breaking down further that’s 166Wh/CT/hr. You probably have a mix of 200A and 100A CTs on those mains, so I can live with 3% at those power levels.

With your usage, you will probably need to put a single set of CTs at the meter if you want to improve your mains error. If all you want to do is figure out where your power is going, it’s probably close enough. Rather than add three feeds to get the main, you could put one of the feed sets on the meter and compute that feed.

I’m using a pair of 200A CT’s to monitor my 100A panel. I’m going to order some smaller ones for that and move those out to the meter mains. My current setup consists of 200A CT’s on the 200A and 100A panels. My garage is fed by a 2 pole 30A breaker so I’m using two 50A CT’s for that. I’ll probably do what you suggest and move the 200A CT’s off the 100A panel feeds and let the iotawatt compute the power for it till they show up. My 100A panel doesn’t have a lot of consumption. I installed the 100A panel when I remodeled 10 years ago to replace an obsolete Georgia-Pacific panel. It’s been nice watching each leg to see how well I did balancing them. I’d like to keep this ability for future monitoring and trouble shooting. I realize I could still do this by moving CT’s around but it’s just easier to have dedicated ones. I have plenty of open spaces for them.

I moved the CT’s out to the meter mains. I’ll calculate panel one for a while. I left the CT’s plugged into their same spots on the iotawatt and reconfigured my outputs to reflect my changes. This changed the math somewhat. What is now total power used to be main 1A and 1B. So my total usage calculation for the month is now off. Would I need to put the new mains feed into different iotawatt ports and just put 1a and 1B back like they were when the new CT’s arrive? Also, I notice some of the power factors bounce around a lot. I know 1.0 is ideal but I see some go as low as .55 and have lots of fluctuations. Why is this?

Both iotawatt base units stopped working this afternoon. They are connected to my home wifi and I access them on my iPad. Now I get a message that safari cannot open the page because the server stopped responding. Same message when trying to access either base unit. Both units have the dull green light. I power cycled one but it came back dull green. Unsure of what to do. I’m still seeing updated current usage info on pvoutput.

Do you have another browser?

Yes. Just tried that and it opened normally on my wife’s laptop.

How were you locating the units on safari, by IP or .local?

.local. Found the first unit. Not the second. But the second unit hasn’t been power cycled

A new release for MINOR auto-update went live this afternoon. Did your systems upgrade and restart? The message log will show that.

Looks like the #1 unit did. The second unit was flashing all red. I just power cycled it. I’m able to access 1 on my wife’s laptop. It’s not seeing #2 yet

It may be updating. What is the LED state now?

#1 is steady green. #2 is steady red.

I can access unit 1 using .local and chrome on my wife’s laptop (dell xps 15) but cannot access it on my iPad using safari or chrome. Connection times out.

I entered the IP address in my iPad safari and it opened the unit 1 configuration app. Looks like .local isn’t working on my iPad for some reason.

Solid red indicates the unit is working but not connected to WiFi.

Can you access unit#1 by IP?

Yes. I didn’t watch #2 long enough. It’s steady red, then a green flash, then steady green then back to steady red. Is it still updating?

This sounds like it’s not connected to WiFi. You have reported different symptoms in the two places. Can you provide an update?

#1 is accessible but only with the IP address. Local doesn’t work for it anymore. #2 is dull green for a few seconds, then a single green flash, then dull red for several seconds. Then back to dull green for several seconds, green flash, dull red. I cannot find it on .local. I don’t know the password to the router to log into it and see if it’s on the wifi at all. I don’t know the IP address to the #2. I was hoping to get into the router but it’s looking like I’ll have to reset it to do that. I’ve power cycled #2 several times and it doesn’t power up in scan mode. #1 is working normally. My iPad cannot connect to iota1.local anymore. It says the server isn’t available. But local works on my wife’s laptop but this only for #1. Nothing is working for #2. Not able to find it or connect to it with iPad or laptop. I wrote down its IP address when I set it up but I cannot find it. Ran windows network diagnostics trying to connect to iota2.local and it says website is online but isn’t responding to connection. Detected attempts. I should add I’m pretty computer illiterate.

I power cycled the router but no change. Then I cycled the iotawatt. Looks like dull red, then a red flash, then dull green, then a green flash. I might have described it differently earlier but that’s what it’s been doing for hours. I’m going to bed. I’ll check it before I go to work in the morning.