Flexible CT Sensor

No, no docs yet.

1 Like

I just ordered two of these. Is there a picture of the burden resistor that needs removed? Perhaps when they arrive it may be easier to understand after looking at them.

The burden resistor is on the Iotawatt, which means it will no longer be able to use a standard CT on that input.

The integrator outputs voltage, while a CT outputs current. The burden resistor converts current to voltage, which is great for a CT, not so much for a (high impedance) voltage source.

@frogmore is right. The burden for each input is right next to the jack. Here are inputs 1 and 2 with their burden resistors circled.

It’s a little tricky to remove them. I have a rework hot-air unit, but have done them with a soldering iron. If you have a flat wide tip it’s easier to get both pads melted at the same time.

Once removed, I usually solder it back at a right angle in case it needs to be restored.

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

What’s the possibility of sending my unit back to you to have it done in jacks one and two? I’ll be glad to pay for it to be done.