I just thought I’d share my install incase it can be of help in the future to others.
I’m an electrician in central NSW, Australia and my house has a 3 phase supply and will soon be installing 12kW of solar. I’ve installed my monitor with 3 VT’s and currently have 9 CT’s connected (3 for incoming mains, 1x House switchboard, 1x Hot water, 1x Indoor Spa, 3x 3 phase shed switchboard)
I made my own circuit board with the 3 VT’s 5VDC supply and USB outlet for the IotaWatt power supply and fuses to protect the line side of the VT’s. When I first powered up the VT’s were putting out close to 16V as they are only 2.3VA so i have installed 33Ω resistors across the outputs to pull down the voltage - now around 9.6V output at 250V input.
Once I powered up I had quite a bit of trouble with the voltage direction being inaccurate - ie. say when my spa is just running the circulation pump ~100w the power read out was in the correct direction but once the filter pump kicked in the power read out was in the negative watts. To circumvent this I created a star point with earth reference on the secondary side of the VT’s which has corrected the issue.
I have also set up with Home Assistant to monitor the daily usage and costs (not without a lot of stress as I’m only new to the platform)
Anyhow heres some photos of my install. -