Add 3.5mm jack to AcuCT-H040-50 with 2 wire lead

I purchased some additional AcuCT-H040-50 CTs but they arrived without a 3.5mm stereo jack to connect to my IoTaWatt unit. Thought I’d just splice on a stereo 3.5mm audio cable (by cutting off the RCA jacks), but I’m getting no reading from the CT in the status section (0 watts). There are two leads from the new CTs (a black and a white wire) and I need to find a way to get from there to a jack so I can plug it into the IoTaWatt unit. Anyone have any suggestions? My cut an audio cable in half and use that idea didn’t work and I can’t figure out why not. Thanks Scott

The CT connects to the Tip and Sleeve.

There are many varieties of the AccuCT-H040-50. You need the 50mA variety. Other varieties will not work or will require special configuration to work at diminished performance. Post a picture of the nameplate and I’ll tell you if you have the right version.

1 Like

Thanks Bob. I didn’t realize until yesterday that I could still get CTs from you directly. Rather than fight the battle trying to mod these other CTs, I just ordered the proper ones directly from IoTaWatt’s store. Problem solved. Thanks for the info in any event. S