Can efergy CT clamp be used with the iotawatt?

I have a few of those left from an earlier install.
They look like this:
https://reductionrevolution.com.au/products/efergy-regular-ct-clamp-10mm?variant=28333302217&currency=AUD&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLK63IU41hMkWqLahaFE2S7P9c06Pzr_h3dIOtZbJZM-f7B9fkP7BRBoCvLwQAvD_BwE

Looks identical to the one on the site.

I just got an idea where I could use two more, and of course I’ve already placed my order, the person running the site is just too efficient in dispatching orders :slight_smile:

Short answer - No without modifying CT or software - both not recommended. Efergy CT has extra components.

Longer Answer - Efergy vs SCT 100 clamp | Archived Forum Look at this post where there is some discussion on the Efergy CT circuit.

1 Like

Thank you for your comprehensive answer.

What about this one? 100A Split Core Non-Invasive Current Sensor Transformer | Www.catch.com.au

SCT-013-000

seems that this one is suitable: YHDC SCT-013-000 Current Transformer — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

just a bit big. Found here also reference to DL-CT08CL5​-20A/10mA or HWCT004 50A/50mA

This one will work OK for up to 100A load. It can be selected from the setup screen shown below:

Ideally you want something that will drive 50mA at full rated load otherwise you sacrifice a lot of resolution for example if you use a 20A/10mA CT.