Cleared log, Now issue

So this graph is with the VT connected to a Main Panel circuit? As you can see, Main Watts is around 182 while Main VA is 10x that at about 1.8 KVA. PF = Watts / VA, so that would be about .10 PF. The VA indicates about 7.5 Amps at 240V. So if the voltage reference is Grid at that point, I have to question the Mains CTs.

Looking at the period from about 6:29 to 6:38, there is a big jump in Inverter. There is an increase of about 200VA and 800W, while there is virtually no change to Main Watts or VA. That would suggest that the Inverter/Battery is supplying the power. I can’t make any sense out of it.

Would it be possible to see pictures of the panels, CTs as installed, and know the make and model of the inverter and battery?

100A CTs should be coming in today.

The graph above is BEFORE I changed the VT over to the main panel. But, before I disconnected the inverter from the grid, I was showing the same low PF as before. I realize I was only pulling 40w on one leg of main. The inverter tries to maintain 50w. So it would have to send another 10w to EPS? Other then the VT issue I wonder how this would effect PF.

Right now I am showing 38w total from main grid Nothing running.

The Inverter is a 8k Hybrid Megarevo, simular to Deye and Sol-ark
The battery is DIY 48vdc with Seplos BMS

Here is with VT from main panel, and the inverter disconnected from grid. Using the formula PF is looking correct.

Very unusual. I’m having trouble wrapping my head around this. If the voltage is the same in both panels, that would suggest to me that there is a TON of reactive power going in and out of the inverter. It may be time to have a power engineer look at this. With the IoTaWatt, I can get the data to plot voltage and current through an AC cycle at the mains, and visualize the reactive power. This doesn’t look like anything the Grid supplier would like.

Inverter feeding main panel. I played with some settings and much better PF. Reaction Mode setting.

Hot water heater running off grid and PV

1 Like

Back to the Integrator, having trouble how or where to read the sum. I have 687kb of data but not sure how to get or show the data preferable on status page.

What do you want to integrate?

You get at the integrated values by using them in outputs. Look at the docs.

1 Like