Hello, I have two questions related to ordering custom CTs.
- For the output current, is 50mA suitable?
- Manufacturers like Echun produce a range of outputs from 20mA - 5A. See this echun example.
- Application is I need to order some “special” CTs for busbars, etc.
- What happens if I exceed the rated input?
- So I clip a 600A CT (say 50mA output) and it gets 900A, what happens? Maybe it outputs 75mA? So we get a voltage V=75mA * 20 ohms=1.5V? Does it break the ADC or ESP8266?
- An application example: I have my 600A CT on a 1200A cable but never expect >600A and don’t need a valid reading >600A. Can I use a 600A CT?