I am trying to get my production unit working “off the cuff” with a new firmware build ( 02_05_03 ) ie. direct build with “none” set as update in config.txt.
I have tried the following and attached the msg file for each instance:
Tried the new "staged version " ( update set to None ) - the result was build & update successful but i cannot reach device via browser ( can ping and see on router ). Another issue - may be a bug with staged version is that only 1 file was built in the Iotawatt folder ( iotamsgs.txt and not the other 2 log files ) and also the file was built in lowercase ( they normally all caps . )
Staged version ( update set to Minor ) - same as point 1 above. I don’t know if either of the staged versions may have had the browser work on accessing the device as neither or rather both had the “log file” failure so i couldn’t really check properly i guess ( both were pingable and visible on router.
(ps. like the fact we using 2.3.2 and 0.15 wifi manager ) thought this would have fixed my browser connection issues - was hoping ).
Master version ( update set to none ) - build and update all fine, message and log files created on SD card - this time all in CAPS, but now getting reset exceptions. ( again not connecting to browser )
Finally - tested 02_05_00 with update set to minor - all worked, unit updated to 02_05_02 and I can connect to device via browser. This is all great if we want to keep building with old code and updating but naturally, it would be good to get working without an update to resolve the browser issue.
Please give me a heads up on what I could try to get 02_05_03 connecting to browser off the bat. Another thing, in each instance i tried on 2 varying wireless networks - 1 of them having no other devices connected besides router and Iotawatt.
I am happy to keep trying different tests to get something to work - just please let me know.