DIY. Question about VT_adapter

What is the role of VT_adapter?

This is an artifact from the past that was used to adapt a VT to a CT input. It’s no longer relevant for two reasons:

The V5 unit incorporates circuitry to enable VTs to be connected directly to inputs 14 and 15 (in addition to input 0).

Virtually all three-phase users use one VT with derived reference.

Thank you for explanation.

If someone has a 1-phase PV inverter and 3-phase grid connectivity would it be wise to use the derived reference?
In that setup the V difference between phases differs by the function of the sunlight available.

Example.

Depends on how accurate you need it to be. Looking at the graph, I estimate that the difference between phases is about 3V or 1.2%. (The statistics at the bottom would have shown the average of each).

Phase A is always correct. Phases B and C can vary. In the big picture, with that 1.2% on two of three phases, the error would be 0.8%.

If you want to check accuracy, take readings from your meter a week apart, then check it against the IoTaWatt.

Here is the statistics.

Indeed the averages are similar.
I will give the derived method and the comparisons you’ve suggested a try as soon as I will accomplish my diy meter reader (NORAX3 form APATOR).
Data should be accessible via optical port (IEC 62056-21) although I do not sense any traffic. Might be the case that my power distributor has locked the optical port :confused:.
Still have some routes to test … but this is another story.

Don’t know where you are, but in North America a revenue meter must have a display that can be read by the customer.

Poland (Europe).
Yes, there is a possibility that some of the information can be read manually, but I challenged myself on getting the data through the optical port and doing my own remote reading.