Fast Flashing Green

I cannot keep my unit connected. When I first pulled it from the box it worked great. Then I noticed it seemed to disconnect. Then I would reboot and get access once again but my CT setup was not the last saved. It did this a few more times. No I cannot get access via iotawatt.local. The green light is rapid flashing.

If I turn off the wifi I can access the AP mode. I put in the correct info and it still does not work. I looked at the log txt and it is connecting to the correct wifi and sometimes it seems to have the correct time and other times it says 0. So it is obvious I have pulled the SD card.

Suggestions?
Kemper

You might want to have a look at the docs page if you have not. There are LED codes, but I do not see any for rapid flashing green only. There may also be some additional troubleshooting details there as well.

Link: http://docs.iotawatt.com/en/02_04_02/troubleshooting.html

Can you reach it at the IP if not via “iotawatt.local” when connected? When you have it on WiFi, do you get the correct LED sequence showing a valid connection and config?

Since you have pulled the SD card, can you upload the /iotawatt/iotamsgs.txt file please?

I’m also seeing this. Did you ever figure out what flashing green means?

I am too after attempting to upgrade to 02_06_00

Same issue green blinking, and the device does not connect to wifi.
Please help…

this worked for me:

My green light was a VERY fast flashing. It was so fast it appeared to just go dim and then bright again. It was not the slow flashing that is described in guide. I fixed it by doing a unit factory reset. No problems since. Sorry I am not more help.

@daniweb,

Following up on this post. The referenced issue should not occur with an upgrade to 02_06_02. Are you saying that you made the indicated change to your config.txt file to resolve this, and that it occurred recently with an upgrade to 02_06_02?

Hi,
I had the device with ALPHA selected and I noticed that since some time (probably some weeks) I had no data from this device.
I tried to make power cycle and at every time I saw the green led blinking.
I do not know which version it was using, but I removed the sdcard and modified the config file by removing the suggested lines.
Now is back and working again (But with MINOR like the other 2 iotawatt I have)

I’m having this same issue. I don’t see any other posts about this so I’m following up here. Let me know if I should start a new topic.

I’m getting a rapid flashing green light at the unit and trying to connect to iotawatt.local returns “This site can’t be reached”.

I have left the unit unattended for nearly a year while I was distracted by major house renovations. During that time the wifi network name has changed at least twice because the mesh wifi keeps failing. I think the iotawatt has been offline for nearly a year.

I don’t see anything in the documentation about a flashing green light status nor about doing a factory reset. Thanks.

Can you be more descriptive about the flashing green? Is it regular? What is the period?

What does the led do when you power cycle it by removing the USB power supply?

What country are you located in?

I’m in southern California. I’ll take a video of the unit when I get home and post it.

Here’s a short video. After I shot this I left the unit unplugged for about 2 minutes and tried again; the green light still flashed.

Iotawatt Flashing Green

Looks normal. Indications are that after power on it connects to WiFi and appears to be sampling power and logging to the datalog. Can you look at the connected devices in your router?

Hmm… I can see the iotawatt on the linksys Android app but I can’t connect to 192.168.1.1. I wonder if this is another issue with these f’ing mesh routers.

That IP address doesn’t seem right. Typically, a router uses that address as the gateway and/or router address on the LAN. I’m suspicious the IoTaWatt is assigned a different address. If you are adventurous, the message log at /iotawatt/iotamsgs.txt on the IoTaWatt SDcard would show the IP address being assigned as well as a lot of other potentially useful diagnostic information.

A word of caution if removing the SDcard: The card is fragile and must be carefully pulled straight out. Any downward force risks cracking it.

Your suspicion was dead on. Thanks. Linksys assigned new IPs during our last support call. I was able to use the Linksys phone app to find the Iotawatt IP address and deduce the router address. I’m into the Iotawatt browser interface now.