Initial wifi setup and connection issues

Hi Bob as per your request I trust this post offers more detail.

IoTaWatt V5 on a Telstra router/modem 2.4ghz wifi with Mac Mojave and Safari browser

As advised I have had to reconnect the IoTaWatt unit to a new router after initial succesful setup and testing prior to having all the CT’s.

Despite following the doco I get to this screen and am not sure it has completed the connection as I am unable to connect to the IoTaWatt unit. Unit has dull green light glowing.

As suggested I have searched the router for the IoTaWatt host and its not there and does not appear in my wifi list which I assume is correct if connection has been completed succesfully?

See wifi list for no IoTaWatt host name.

Not sure what to check or do next…?

Are you sure this is the WiFi network that you selected? The problem with inability to access would be consistent with the IoTaWatt being on a different WiFi network. You can only access it from the same WiFi network using the zero-config .local method.

Assuming you are confident that you configured this network, the IoTaWatt will renter WiFi configuration mode on power on for three minutes if it does not connect to the configured network. So to test this out, you can move the IoTaWatt well outside the range of local WiFi networks and power up. It should enter WiFi config mode (RGG). You can then login to the AP and configure your network again. The scan will not detect it, so you will need to input the SSID and password. After you do that, power it down and move it back intop range of the WiFi network. Upon power up, it should connect.

One other indication that it is now successfully connected to some network is the fact that the LED is not dull red. When a new IoTaWatt is first connected, it must get the time from the internet. Until it does that, the LED is dull red, turning to green once the time is acquired.

Another avenue of persuit here is to remove the SD card and post the file /IOTAWATT/IOTAMSGS.TXT. That message log will contain the name of the wifi network that is connecting and the IP address assigned each time.

Please try one of these out and post your results.