IoTaWatt keeps dropping Wi-Fi

I have a 3 year old IoTaWatt that often loses its Wi-Fi connection. Seems worse in the last two months. I reset it twice this afternoon and it lost its connection both times within 15 minutes. Nothing has changed on the network, so not sure what the issue is.

The unit has not moved. Shows R G G when I reset it. Seems difficult to get it to connect to the Wi-Fi. Then it loses its connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave In FL

Logs?
While the unit has not moved, perhaps something in the environment has changed. What environment is it in (house, apartment, commercial building)?

Ok….I think I just found the problem. I’ve been trying an ASUS Airmesh system and had one in the garage near the IoTaWatt which it was Not connecting to. I seems putting it in the garage actually lessened the Wi-Fi connection to the IoTaWatt because it was working fine a month ago before the change.

In any case, I redid the mesh and prioritized the 2.4 GZ band on the garage node. The IoTaWatt connected to it and problem seems to be solved!

I’ve been pulling my hair out for a week, so at least I’m good for now.

Thanks for your help anyway. Sometimes your kid just needs to see you headed to the doctor!

Dave C

Glad you got it figured out.