Iotawatt will not connect to server

My internet got weird the other day. It would not let any of my devices connect to the internet with the password we currently had. Eventually we got the internet working by using the password on the bottom of the modem. A few days later I tried to open Iotawatt to check my graphs but it says it can’t connect to the server. Can someone please tell me what i need to do. Much appreciated

Not aware of anyplace where IoTaWatt literally says it can’t connect to the server. So assuming you are talking about the LED being red, you should:

Power cycle the unit.

Observe that the LED flashes RRG after power up.

Follow the instructions in the docs to connect to the new SSID/password combo.

When I try to pull up the Iotawatt on my iPad it says on my iPad that it cannot connect to the server.
I power cycled the Iotawatt. It is blinking RGG not RRG. Where is the SSID broadcasted? Forgive me, I am a home builder so this computer stuff is foreign to me. Thanks for your patience

RGG is correct. The unit is just saying that it cannot connect to WiFi. At this stage it is acting as a WiFi Access Point and broadcasting an SSID. If you go to settings->WiFi on your ipad, you should see a WiFi network IOTAxxxxxx or something like that. Connect to that. Enter the password IotaWatt (case sensitive) if it asks. Your iPad should connect to the IoTaWatt and within a few seconds present a page to configure the IoTaWatt to use you WiFi network.

Follow the instructions in the docs to connect to the new SSID/password combo.

When successful, the LED should glow green.

1 Like

Success. Thank you very much. I was naked without Iotawatt. Felt like a part of me was missing… I’m using Iotawatt.local. Is that ok. I think I remember that you told me to use something different to access Iotawatt.

1 Like