New user - solid red led

Hi, just got the product recently. Had initially configured per the instructions by seeing the iota ssid and then navigating to http://iotawatt.local. filled everything out there and was good to go. BUT I wasn’t prepared yet to install at electric panel so i unplugged and set aside for a few days. Prepped for panel install. Replugged in iotawatt and LED status id glows RED, apparently unable to connect to previously configured wifi. Tried unplugging numerous times but same thing. Tried unplugging my wifi router again seeing if iotawatt would return to initial default condition of the iota Ssid broadcast but LED remains RED. What has happened and how do i circumvent?

There are two reasons why the LED may be red. One is if not connected to WiFi, and the other is if the unit has not been able to access a time server to set it’s clock.

When you initially set the unit up, after connecting to WiFi, were you able to access the unit via iotawatt.local? Did you get to the setup app? What was the state of the LED then?

Have you tried power cycling the IoTaWatt while your router is unplugged?

What was your order number?

Also note that when i disconnected my wifi and replugged in the iotawatt i was expecting to see the iotawatt rebroadcast the iota ssid for 3 minutes, as the documentation suggests. I visited my IPad’s wifi settings and the iota ssid does not appear there, as it did when i initially configured

Yes, i was able to get to iotawatt.local and successfully connect to my wifi router. The led was GREEN after doing so. Not sure if a time server was available. I configured the time in the time field to UTC -5 but wasn’t sure that config was allowable since no specifics in doc on how to configure that field. It appeared to accept it. The ‘Invoice Number’ in the box is 20230411. Purchased on March 26, 2023.

Yes, i tried unplugging/plugging the iotawatt multiple times with wifi off to no avail, ie RED LED and no iota ssid in ipad wifi settings network.

I have similar issue with one of my Iotawatts. Try unplugging the USB supply adapter and plugging it back into the outlet. That solves things in my case