Purchasing from Smart Guys Australia

Has anyone purchased from Smart Guys in Australia?
I’ve been trying to email them for over a week now without a reply.
Any other recommendations for Australian purchasing?

Hi,

This is Aanand from Smart Guys Australia.

Our best contact is via email on info@smartguys.com.au. Happy to help or answer any of your questions on this forum too.

Kind regards
Aanand

My question was for a re-supply ETA on the IoTaWatt 50amp Split Core Current Transformer, but I see they are back in stock on the web store.

I have already tried twice to email info@smartguys.com.au, but got no reply, that doesn’t build trust in doing online purchases from your web store.
It may be worth checking your spam/junk email settings in your email program and/or email server!

Best regards
Ron.

Hi Ron,

I can only apologise, we respond to most emails within 24 hours but I’m still struggling to find yours so it must be an issue with our spam filter which we will look into.

We will reach out to you directly but you can check out our feedback profile on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/smartguysoz#tab2

Kind regards,
Aanand

Thanks Aanand
Checked your eBay store, didn’t know that was there.
Replied to bob email with my email address.
order done on your web store # 000003563
Looking forward to dealing with you further.

Thanks for the order Ron,

Sent with express shipping and you should now have tracking details :slightly_smiling_face:

Kind regards,
Aanand

Thanks Aanand
The delivery upgrade is much appreciated.

The should be here mid week.
Regards Ron.

Delivery arrived
Now the hard part starts, ha.

Yes, I bought mine from them, took about a week to Western Australia, which is pretty good at the moment!
Have yet to set it all up :wink:

cheers
Mark

Hi Mark
Yeh, delivery was quick, with friendly service once I got contact with them.
As for installation that’s my bad, to many other priorities at present, who said retirement was a cruise.
It’s pissing me off cause I’m excited to get it setup.
How is your setup going? Can we have 25 hours a day?
Regards Ron.

Hi Ron,

in much same boat as you with time. Am doing first testing tonight on the bench, accuracy looks good, but when testing wifi strength near meterbox which is opposite end of house to the router as I suspected signal strength is too low for reliable connection so i will have to add a dedicated access point via ethernet just near the meterbox for it all to work.
Very impressed so far with the unit, I had a go at making my own home brew single channel monitor using an arduino based on openenergymonitor site a couple of years back, but my hardware was unreliable kept losing heaps of data, so happy to spend a few hundred and get it sorted properly.
I didnt want to buy openenrgymonitor hardware as not enough input channels for what I want to look at.

cheers
Mark

Hello, is Smart Guys still operating?

No idea. They don’t respond to my inquiries.

1 Like

Thanks Overeasy, makes me hesitant to do any purchasing from their web site.

Was referred to this
Fork of IotaWatt
Shame about the Smart Guys, I like supporting Aussie businesses.

I’ve purchased plenty of products from their website (can’t comment on eBay). What’s the problem? Have you tried to purchase via their website? Have you tried to contact them?

Hi Benjmd

1. Yes I have also purchased several products from Smart Guys.
  2. Problem is, I have an inquiry about another purchase and product availability.
  3. As per 1 & 2.
  4. Yes, I’ve tried contacting them since 18th March 2024, both on this forum and via email (info@smartguys.com.au).
    Any business that has a lack of communication channels with customers concerns me. And as I stated previously, I like supporting Aussie businesses, but a lack of reply is concerning.

Hi Mr OverEasy
I have just realized who you are.
Thank you for a wonderful product.

Ah that’s the context that was missing from the first post:

I, too, have been trying to contact them via their email address. Not even an out of office reply. Can only assume that they are not currently trading. Shame as I am in need of an updated solution for whole house monitoring in Australia.
If they do eventually reply I will post a message on the thread.