PVoutput Trouble

Can you post the IoTaWatt PVoutput setup please?

Here is the config. I looked at the CSV data for when the failure occurred and the formula does indeed go negative. But looking at prior messages it seems as though this case was handled. If not, perhaps I can fix this by changing my generation formula (I could use the abs function which is close enough since it will only go negative at low values and I’ve changed all the inputs to no longer allow negatives).

Here’s the data right when the uploads fail. It does go negative.

a

OK, let’s suppress that.

generation Watts = ( Inverter1 + Inverter2 + Inverter3 + Inverter4 + Inverter5 ) max 0

• Stop the PVoutput uploader using the stop button in the status display.

• Edit the generation Script

• Start the PVoutput uploder again from the status display.

Boom! That did the trick! Thanks.

BTW, I had to restart the unit to get the download to try again. The Stop/Start button in the Uploads section of Status didn’t seem to work. So I restarted the unit, went to the Uploads section, hit Start and now all is well.

Using the max function makes it safe to upload to PVOutput again. Would you recommend I reinstate the “Allow negative power value” again just to collect accurate data? Although since these are just inverter circuits they really shouldn’t go negative (except I guess if an inverter or another device on the circuit is drawing a slight amount of power).

It seems to be common for inverters to draw standby power when not producing. Usually a few Watts but I’ve seen reports of double digits.

Removing the allow negative values attribute will cause the standby power to be reported as positive so it will look like a small amount of generation. What PVoutput calls “moon power”.

If you leave the “allow negative values” in place, the standby as a negative value should be correctly measured in any usage calculation. Using the max 0 function to PVoutput simply suppresses confusing PVoutput with it.