Restart after "influxDB_v1: Start posting" event in logs [Solved]

I have enabled influxDB uploading and once I got everything setup I get the following line in the logs.

11/12/23 00:37:05z influxDB_v1: Start posting at 12/23/22 18:45:10

** Restart **

SD initialized.

This will then repeat in a constant loop where it will reboot every 36 seconds.

The data I am uploading I think is OK (the graph feature will plot the data just fine) however anyone have any suggestions on what to check debug?

Potentially related - I did have a corrupt index.htm file which I replaced up uploading one without the corruption but once fixed everything started working as expected so I think could be unrelated but worth mentioning.

Looks like corruption in your current log. The complete message log from the restart would have a trace and probably be more conclusive.

You could try setting the upload from date to something like 1/1/2023 and leapfrog possible bad data in the datalog.

That you had a corrupted index.htm is a red flag that the SDcard may be on the way out.

The complete message log from the restart would have a trace and probably be more conclusive.

Do you know how I can access this? The standard log doesn’t show any errors here is a complete boot sequence

You could try setting the upload from date to something like 1/1/2023 and leapfrog possible bad data in the datalog.

I checked and as the Iotawatt can only store the last 12 months I set the date to January 1st this year and the importer seems to be running fine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Perhaps there is a bug if you set the start date to a date before the current logs?

My current logs were “Current Log: 12/23/2022 18:45:00 - 11/12/2023 14:57:15”

That you had a corrupted index.htm is a red flag that the SDcard may be on the way out.

Is there a best practise on swapping cards or can you just move all the files to a replacement SD card and move on?

Thanks again for the assistance and advice, I was tired and can’t believe I didn’t try the change the date idea!

I was flying blind. You didn’t post the status. The current log holds a year, and since it’s November of 2023, I had to assume your current log went back to November 2022.

That your current log only goes back to December 2022, I would have to guess that is when you commissioned the unit. There was a bad batch of SDcards in that timeframe - about 350 went out. I replaced many of them, but there there were a bunch sold through a dealer in Australia, as well as some random others. This link from that time explains it, however since then it has been demonstrated that simply reformatting the card doesn’t completely resolve the problem as many failed in the months following even after reformatting. I would recommend a new card.