Single view with multiple IoTaWatts? (400 amp split Service)

Hi, I have 400 amp split service, but the 2 200 amp panels are on opposite sides of the house. I guess the electrician figured it was cheaper to run 200 amp service across the house than to use all of the extra conductor for the circuits. Anyhow, there’s really no easy way to fish a CT cable from one panel to the other - there are multiple finished rooms between the panels. I won’t say it’s impossible - but it would be a project. It would be enough of a project that it’s far preferable for me to pay for and install a device in each panel and then merge everything in software.

Is there a guide or advise on how to create a consolidated view with multiple IoTaWatts?

Anyone done something similar themselves who can comment on how things turned out?

I think what most of us do is use the iotawatts for data capture and ‘digging’ into specific circuits, influx to store the high resolution data long term and Grafana to display it.

I have 2 units on separate sides of the house.

Both units upload to influx 1 which is running on a raspberry pi.

I use grafana (on the same pi) for a very simple dashboard which also includes data pulled into influx from other sources (outside temp, the brine temp for the ground source heat pump, hot water temperature etc.)

If I want quick info (are we exporting power) I tend to pull up the status panel iotawatt that captures solar and the main incommer - but only because I haven’t spent the time yet to create a read only dashboard without a password.

If you have solar (or even if you don’t) it is worth checking out the pvoutput upload - a small annual donation gives good costing info once you feed in your tariff info.

That’s really helpful - thanks!

I have 3 docker containers running on a Pi4 (Homebridge, PiHole, Scrypted) with plenty of headroom to spare. I’ll go look for influx and grafana on docker hub.