First up, I think I have a pretty straight forward electrical set-up. In North America - have power coming in from the grid feeding an electrical panel. I also have a 13kW solar array that feeds into the panel as well.
Previously I was using the Emporia Vue. I switched to take advantage of the non-cloud access to data - and to integrate into Home Assistant. Here is what I’d like to output -
- Total Usage - what my house power needs are
- Net Usage - what my power company will read at the meter
- Solar power - what my panels are producing
the next 2 are little trickier I think
- In From the Grid - grid power used (can be positive even if net usage is negative)
- Out to the Grid - power exported to the grid (can be positive even if net usage is positive)
The first step is setting up my CT sensors - here is my current set up - my big question is when should I use ‘allow negative’?
I know overeasy recommends PVoutput - and I have no problem using them - but I was hoping to set up the data on Iotawatt to then send to Home Assistant.