Unable to Change Input Names

Regular operations continue to work OK, but am no longer able to change Input names or add new Outputs. Always get an error message “config file not current, operation aborted; restarting app”.

Restart your IotaWatt and the app.

Restarting does not make any difference. But thanks.

How long have you had the IotaWatt and what was the original order number please?

I have two units. The first, order #125819 on January 28, 2022; and the second, order # 126285 on March 9, 2022.

By the way, it occurs to me (regarding Unable to Change Input Names) that it might be fruitful to look at the code as to where the message “config file not current, operation aborted; … restarting app” occurs and find out under what condition this error is detected. Is there some work file content, file condition, or date of creation involved? It might be possible to execute a series of user choices to clear the condition or to look for an error in one of the accessible files.

This past February I updated the firmware from 02_07_05 to 02_08_03. Only one my two units has the problem with “Unable to Change Input Names”, although I have been using them both in very similar ways.

On another front, I have found that both my IoTaWatt systems often hang, stall, or gets caught in seemingly endless loops while changing graph parameters, restarting the graphics module, or even trying to restart the browser interface. It seems to me like either there are some limitations in handling real-time or user initiated interrupts, with hardware, software, or the systematics of implemention.

When you open the app in your browser, it loads a copy of the config and also receives a hash of that file. When you try to update it, that hash is sent along with the new config. If the hash doesn’t match the IoTaWatt’s hash of the currently loaded config, you get that response.

The idea is that folks would have the app running on multiple devices, update something from one of those instances, then later try to update something else from another instance. Without this check, the first update would be lost.

Do your two units have different names?