Uploading to InfluxDB

Need hi-res pictures of your panels and (unrelated) a picture of your VT nameplate as I think you have the wrong model.

Please describe how you configured all of the 240V loads. I see five inputs with double (x2). The Dryer is almost certainly not a candidate for that method. Are you passing two conductors through any of the CTs?

My VT:

I’ve got a google doc out there showing a picture of my panels here.

These pictures were taken when I was initially setting up my IotaWatt so the CTs have not been installed yet. But if you look at the different tabs on the spreadsheet, you can see how I documented the inputs and the CTs I purchased as part of the kit. As far as configuring the 240V loads, I have 2 CTs, one on each of leg of the 100A and 200A panel and 2CTs, one on each leg of the 240 Circuit going to the basement, all plugged into the first 6 inputs of the IotaWatt. After checking my wires coming in to the IotaWatt a see that on inputs 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13, I have a Y connector which (without taking the panel cover off) I suspect means I installed a CT on each leg of those 240V circuits. I’m guessing that could be a big part of the problem here. Seems I might need to “undouble” those circuits in the input section. Let me know if you think there may be other problems.

Another quiestion I have is if you look at the Status Screen above, about 5 lines up from the bottom there a little curly q arrow between the Computer_Stuff and Lift_Station entries. What does that mean?

Dave

Take a closer look at this in the docs.

I’ll look at your pics later.

Wow, the only significant difference between those 2 pictures is the line “Efficiency Level: VI.” So I guess mine is the E6 version. I already undoubled the 5 circuits and I’ll make this change as well.

Dave

Something else interesting just popped up. The left side of the attached screen shot shows the status of our dryer as 0 watts. This was taken just before we loaded it up and turned it on. The middle panel shows the dryer on and pulling a full load. When the dryer goes on, the little curly q arrow shows up on the on the Lift Station and the the power goes up from 4 to 7 watts. I can hear the lift station in the basement when it goes on and it is not pumping anything at this time. When I first discovered this, I went up and turned the dryer off, and the lift station load returned to 4 watts and the arrow disappeared. The right panel shows the dryer doing it thing, decreasing the load while still drying the clothes. Again, the arrow is gone and the lift station load has returned to a lower value. The cycle repeats itself when the dryer elements fully engage again. What are your thoughts on that?

Dave

It’s noise, probably caused by the dryer cables running near the lift ct or its cables. They are both carrying about 25 Amps. If it bothers you, you can try rerouting cables and circuits, but IoTaWAtt is an energy monitor, not a laboratory instrument.