Want to confirm equipment/hardware to buy

So I’m interested in starting to monitor my energy consumption. I figured that this was a good time to start because I am about to get solar installed. When I get solar, they’ll be adding a sub-panel for the powerwalls, but I don’t need to track any of that yet. I have plenty of circuits that I could track to get 2 IoTaWatt systems, but I think I’ll start with just one to learn how I want to use the data. So before I buy it, I wanted to make sure I was buying the correct things. Here is the outside of my panel with what each circuit is (the unlabeled one is my EV charger) and the inside of the panel…

So if I’m understanding things correctly, I would buy the “IoTaWatt 120V Kit” with “AccuCT 200A x 25mm split-core × 2”. I would then buy one “100A Current Transformer” for each >50A circuits (like the EV charger & A/C) and one “50A Current Transformer” for each <50A circuits (lights, refrigerator, microwave, etc). Is that correct? :thinking:

Now I just have to figure out which 14 I want to start tracking. Hmmmmm… :face_with_monocle:

Sounds like you have the right idea. The only caution I would make is to understand the options for measuring the 240V circuits. You can use a single CT for a two-wire circuit, but will need to use two CTs or run both conductors through one in opposite directions for three-wire circuits. See the docs.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help! I’m finally ready to buy what I need, but wanted to know how long it takes to get shipped out once ordered. I’m getting my solar system installed in 17 days and wanted to attach everything while my power is out for the install. I just wanted to make sure that it doesn’t take weeks to get shipped. Thanks!

Usually ship same day for orders received before noon.

1 Like

Awesome! Just placed the order! Can’t wait to get it and set it up in a couple weeks. Time to get to know the Iotawatt documentation well…