Local configuration page not visible / how do I reset?

I accidentally deleted some file in the file explore.

After that it is showing me above error when I open the local configuration page of the device on browser!

Can you please tell if the device need to be flash again? If YES then kindly tell the procedure for the flashing if NO then please help with the alternatives.

Thanks

Can you run the file manager with the url

http://meter002.local/edit

no

Meter is connected but.
I think the htm file for this deleted.

Don’t panic. The files are release specific. Do you know what auto-update you were on or what release?

You will need to remove the SDcard and copy the needed files to it with another computer. The most recent files for 02_07_05 are here. The files for 02_06_06 are here.

1. Power down the IoTaWatt and open it up by removing the four screws on the bottom.

2. Remove the SDcard being very careful not to crack it. The card must be pulled straight out without bending. I usually pull it carefully with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

3. Mount the card in another computer.

4. At this point it’s easy to backup your datalogs. If you have storage (up to 3GB), copy the directory iotawatt to your harddrive as backup.

5. Copy the missing files from your download directory to the SDcard root.

6. Reinsert the SD into IoTaWatt.

7. Power back up.

Can you tell how to upgrade to the 02_07_05 version?

Set auto update to ALPHA or BETA, or update manually as How to update version manually

The lack of a manual reset is a huge problem. There are many ways for the system to get corrupted. A manual reset that could return the unit to its original configuration is a standard feature of devices like this. Confused passwords, power failures, interrupted software resets, interrupted upgrades, etc. can all corrupt the unit and there is no easy way back to a working state. My unit now turns on with a steady red light and there is no local wifi access to it. I am dead in the water for now. So many wasted exasperating hours spent, all for the lack of a manual reset. You need to design for possible failures and problems. You should not design for a world without normal failures. At this point I wish I had bought some other brand of monitor. The addition of an Ethernet port and a removable data card would also be useful revisions. Bah!

You are obviously frustrated. I don’t have any idea what has happened with your install as this is the first time you have posted. You received the unit on March 8 and are just now reporting a problem, so possibly there is a story to tell about what happened during those two weeks. You report that the unit comes on with a steady red light. That would be a hardware problem as there is no firmware exception that presents that way. No amount of factory reset is going to fix a hardware problem. A steady red light can mean that the unit is working fine but not connected to WiFi, but you would initially get the RGG sequence for three minutes after a power up affording the opportunity to connect to the unit AP and specify an initial or changed WiFi network.

Apparently it is for you, but it has not been a problem for thousands of users over the past five years. It would be great if there were a button that makes all problems go away.

This is an open source project. I sell it because after I published it, many people wanted to buy one. In the beginning, most users knew what they were getting into and had the skills to adapt it to their needs. Lately, there are more and more folks buying it thinking its like a TV or toaster. It’s not for everyone. It can do things that no other energy monitor is capable of, but I don’t have a design group, a QA department, a marketing department or any other support. Its just me doing design, sales, fulfillment, support and enhancement.

Please just package it up and send it back to:

IoTaWatt, Inc.
92 Sewall Road
Wolfeboro, NH 03894

Include your original order number 128351 and I’ll issue a full refund. You can get a Sense or Emporia. They are more consumer oriented.