Wifi ssid not found

Hi

I self - build an homebrew iotawatt, but after powering up the led is glowing red, but there is no ssid iotawatt or similar. Does anybiey has an idwa what I should check?

Best
Sebastian

Take out the SD card and look at the log. It does not appear that IotaWatt uses the serial output after it gets the SD card is available. If there is no log on the SD card, then look at the serial output to see if it can’t find the SD card.

The setup code appears to be here: IoTaWatt/Setup.cpp at master · boblemaire/IoTaWatt (github.com)

After it starts SPI, it appears it uses logging for everything else. That log should tell you something about what is wrong.

Hi frogmore

actually there is no log on the sd card. and from the serial monitor i only get cryptic symbols.
If I remove the SD card, I get some blinking fro the led indicator. Else it’s always light red.

The cryptic signals are probably the built-in bootloader. If you get nothing after that, you don’t have the right baudrate, or you don’t have the FW flashed correctly, or your program isn’t outputting anything. I would start with a hello world program to make sure you have the process for flashing and getting serial output setup correctly. The NodeMCU hardware makes it easier, but it can still be challenging.

Just to let you know… it happened something similar to me. I managed to get to the AP mode by powering on in without the SD card. Once the GRR patern is activated, i put in the SD card and it changes to the RGG and activates the AP mode. I know its not nice to connect the SD card when the IOTA is on, and everytime it resets, for any reason, it gos to the red dull led again… so it’s not a final solution… just a step.

I’m running oficial firmware 02_05_12.

FBO anyone reading this, I am trying in the most emphatic way possible, to discourage anyone from removing or installing an SDcard when the IoTaWatt is powered up.

SDcard problems have become extremely rare with firmware improvements. This failure mode described by @GerardT is very unusual and probably a result of a hardware issue. I have offered to fix or replace the unit.

Sorry, you’re right, i won’t post it any more. Just helps to get a bit of information from the iotamsg.txt file.

Try to follow this thread. it worked for me.