Share with group my New US Install

Looks good. it will look even better once the IoTaWatt is in and running. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh Much better now. It was missing something earlier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I finally finished the installation of my second IotaWatt on my outdoor Main Panel. My solution to the lack of 120vac was solved by using a 240VAC “Tandem Breaker”, which turns a standard 30A 240VAC breaker into 1- 30A 240VAC + 2-15A 120VAC breakers. This allowed me to safely add a 15A circuit just for the Orbit Sprinkler Enclosure’s GFCI outlet.

The hardest part was getting the 12 CT wires through the 3/4" conduit. I really should have ordered some 1" conduit…but I simply grabbed what Home Depot had in stock (1/2" for the 120VAC power + 3/4" for the CT wiring.)

All finished and working great!

Note: I did have one issue with the GFCI Orbit Sprinkler enclosure’s outlet. This newer enclosure came with a useless GFCI outlet. If I plugged anything into the top outlet, power was killed to both outlets. I took the outlet apart to find a very poorly designed electro-mechanical outlet. I tossed it into the trash and bought a 15A Leviton GFCI at Home Depot. Problem solved.

Now I have a complete view of electricity usage within my home. All data is being collected by InfluxDB on a local Windows 10 machine, which also hosts Grafana.

3 Likes

Looks great. Now sit back and enjoy the data you get from it. A wonderful tool!

2 Likes